Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Manga Out Loud Discusses Naoki Urasawa

As our contribution to this week's Manga Moveable Feast, Ed and I were joined for the Manga Out Loud podcast by Faith Erin Hicks (Friends With Boys) and Daniel Briscoe to discuss the works of the extraordinarily talented Naoki Urasawa. We were supposed to talk mostly about 20th Century Boys, but we wound up enthusing a lot over how much we all enjoyed Monster first.

Manga Out Loud logo

I also appreciate Daniel and Faith giving me new perspective on 20CB. I wound up playing devil's advocate a bit more than I wanted, but they showed me new elements to discover in the series. We also compare it to the TV show Lost.

This was a long conversation, almost two hours total, but that includes a half-hour of Ed and I first. In that section, we talk about some license announcements and what we've read over the last month, including my re-read of Oishinbo. (Note: I tell Ed I'm not going to spoil the last volume for him, and then my next sentence does just that, so yay for inconsistency.) We also briefly mention the new Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service and the news of Bakuman's planned ending, plus we discuss A Bride's Story Book 3 and what JManga Ed had read.

Similar Posts: Manga Out Loud Discusses Josei in the U.S. § Manga Out Loud Discusses Princess Knight § Manga Out Loud: My First Podcast § Manga Out Loud Looks Back at 2011 § Manga Catchup LinkBlogging and Manga Out Loud Industry Podcast



0 comments:

Post a Comment